2010-Mar-30: Version 1.0.1
- Minor patch to the HTML 5 provider to handle the 'suspended' state
2010-Mar-29: Version 1.0.0
- Official release of the 1.0 version.
- Completed document updates.
2010-Mar-26: Version 1.0.0-beta
- Added the API call 'swapVideos', to exchange the position in the playlist
of two videos.
- Completed the sample page for editing video playlists.
2010-Jan-13: Version 1.0.0-beta
kept in a 'src' directory, so that the zip distribution will contain the
fully documented version.
- Updated some API documentation. It still needs heavy revisions
- Cleaned out the snip-extending document to better reflect its current state (no progress).
- Updated some of the website pages and colors.
2009-Dec-03: Version 1.0.0-beta
- Version 1.0.0 has entered beta.
- Website updated to include new beta version.
- Examples are up, but the documentation needs to be completed.
2009-Nov-09: Version 1.0.0-alpha
- Started development of version 1.0.0, which will support different
pluggable video vendors
2009-Oct-26: Version 0.5.0
- Improved playlist-helper.js - it now constructs a self-contained object that
handles as a proxy to the underlying playlist and player objects, making sure
that the user doesn't need to handle minutae around the player state.
- Added documentation for the video-info.js package. Also, included a sample
proxy PHP file for working-around security restrictions on browsers.
2009-Oct-09: Site Maintenance
- Created a SourceForge project (ytsnip) for hosting the Subversion repository.
Eventually, the website will be centralized in one location.
2009-Oct-05: Version 0.4.3
- Improved documentation. The index page was reformatted slightly, and documentation was added
for the playlist-helper.js file. Embedded how-to guide was vastly improved and simplified.
- Fixed a bug where a next video was getting a "cued" event out-of-expected-order.
- Added the video-info.js helper package for loading information on videos. It still needs documentation.
- Started improvements for playlist-helper.js, to have ease-of-use functionality inside the returned helper object.
2009-Oct-04: Version 0.4.2
- Added the ability to show videos in High Def and High Quality. The new "quality" parameter on the
video object can be set to "hd" or "hq", for high definition (1024x768) and high quality (480x360)
respectively. Not all videos may honor this.
- Each video can also specify the desired size. If the PlaylistObject has "allowResize" set to "true",
then the video's "height" and "width" values will be respected.
2009-Apr-14: Version 0.4.0
- Updated the player look-and-feel to be prettier.
- Added a new script file, "playlist-helper.js", to simplify the
playlist management. This still needs heavy documentation and clean-up
before its official debut.
- Created a player page that can download XML playlists, along with a how-to
guide on using it.
- Created a player page that allows for the user to manage the playlist.
It's still very much early beta, so use with caution.
2009-Apr-12: Version 0.3.1
- Added test for checking if a video allows for precise search capabilities,
if so requested by the playlist.
- Finish up the API documentation.
- Added development RSS feed.
2008-Dec-15: Version 0.3.0
- Rewrote the code for managing state with the YouTube player. It is now
implemented as a state machine.
- Added many more state change notifications, based on new way to handle state.
- Added "msgid" attribute to the ERROR event.
2008-Dec-14: Version 0.2.0 Website Update 1
- added Markov-chain experiment. This exposed many bugs in the
approach taken for searching ahead.
2008-Dec-13: Version 0.2.0
- Added code for the remove() method, which had not been
implemented in v0.1.0.
- Added methods to the playlist-api.html page.
2008-Dec-12: Version 0.1.0
2008-Dec-11: Version 0.0.0
- Initial prototype created